Thursday, February 6, 2020

Day 4: Snow, St. A's college, Derry, & Bailey for First Dog?!

Hi ya'll! Day 4 on our campaigns in New Hampshire. I guess technically it is day 5 so we are halfway through, it is going by really quickly!

Today we got to go to St. Anselm Institute of Politics, which as a political science nerd made my heart happy.  It has been said that no one runs for president without speaking at St. A's first. The school plays a critical role in the NH primary, hosting numerous presidential debates and campaign rallies. We were able to see the television studio where all the behind-the-scene stuff takes place. There was also an auditorium with pictures of pretty much every president/presidential candidate, it was very cool to see. If I didn't love USFSP so much you could totally catch me going to school here.

Next, we were off to our campaign HQ's! Today was another day filled with canvassing, I was able to go today with my girl Rachel. Going with her was so much fun because she is so passionate about Senator Warren and I love watching her talk to the voters because she truly is so darn convincing. After we finished our packets my professor's friend and NH Rep. Kris Schultz met with us! She is a fan of Elizabeth Warren and endorsed her for president. We were able to talk to her about what she does as a rep and what it is like being a woman running and being in office!

After that we were headed to Derry, NH! To go see our girl Elizabeth Warren speak at a town hall, this would be the first time I have ever heard her speak in real life and I was soooooo thrilled! Of course she lived up to the hype and was sensational. The way she speaks to a crowd is unlike anything I have ever seen in a candidate. She makes eye contact and speaks with such conviction, very presidential. She also answers questions in a very eloquent way and is very intelligent. After this even it really solidified my support for her even more. My professor was even cheering for her and I believe we are slowly converting her to the Warren light side, lol. Last but no least, while Warren did not do her usual selfie line because she is a booked and busy queen, we got to meet BAILLLEYYY!!! I literally told my mother before departing for NH meeting him was a top priority of mine. He was super floofy and overall a really good pupper. He did bite my finger and our class shirt but he is probably hungry meeting all his crazed fans.

Something I will note is NH really is so spoiled in the way they can see the candidates very easily and seeing them speak in real time, even being able to meet them, really does change your view on the candidates. Me seeing EW in person made me love her even more.

Overall, an excellent day and looking forward to tomorrow! Enjoy some pics from our adventures!

 A picture of Obama in the auditorium where they usually hold debates. (I miss him)
 What the room looks like at the front.
 Got our literature ready to canvass!

 Some vintage signage at St. A's
 The whole squad
 Team Warren with our straggler Erica and Dr. JSM. Currently working on converting them both.

 Belly rubs for Bailey!!!!
 I told you he bit my finger. Hungy boi.
Selling Bailey's drool shirt on E-bay, $200 or best offer. All proceeds will go to the RTWH 2020 Students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Do We Go From Here?...

**(This is not apart of the required blog posts for class but I need to write my feelings out and also I want this on record.)** As we wer...