Monday, February 10, 2020

Day 8: Doing the Next Right Thing

Monday's are for fresh starts!!!

Heading to a new office today in Portsmouth, NH! It is a super cute city that sits right on the water. Very homey & quaint, right up my alley! Today was also super special because Dr. JSM tagged along with us!

We started off the day with a ROAD TRIP!!! My favorite! We totally jammed out to Disney songs and I am not ashamed one bit.

Getting to the new office we were greeted by a sweet and amazing staff. They were amazed we came all the way from Florida to work on the campaign. Then we were sent on our way with our packet to go canvassing. This was probably my most pleasant experience thus far. The people we were able to talk to were absolutely wonderful, we met lots of supporters. We even got to do a second packet today which we knocked out quickly.

In between our first and second packet we got to explore downtown Portsmouth and take cute pictures. We saw some historical landmarks, the outside of Mike Pence's event, and some tugboats. We also had the best coffee I have ever consumed, if you find yourself in Portsmouth, NH check out Cup of Joe. 10/10.

After completing our second packet the day got even better and we went to a town hall Elizabeth Warren was having, we were determined to get our picture with her!! I think this now the fourth, maybe fifth time I have seen her in NH? I have lost track at this point. I could quote her speech back to you at this point. I did enjoy it just as much as I did the first time though. There was a question someone in the audience asked her trying to "trap" her and she handled it like a pro. Trump could never.

The town hall was coming to an end, we all held our breath waiting for her to announce her selfie line and SHE DID!!! YAY!!! I don't think I have ever jumped higher, lol. We got to meet her, I don't really remember what I said to her, probably thank you and some other ramblings. It was just indescribable. I am about to get super cheesy but the thought of a woman president literally makes me so emotional and just getting to meet her was a dream come true. I have always admired Senator Warren and being able to shake her hand, to thank her, was seriously unreal. Even if she isn't your preferred candidate, you do have to commend her work as a private citizen and public servant. We even got our group picture with the infamous RTWH shirt, the picture we took is so cute. We all look like little kids on Christmas.

We ain't done yet!! Then we went to heckin Maine! We unfortunately did not get our lobster because everything closes at 8 there (fun fact). We saw lobster so that was good enough. Now I can say I have been to Maine so that's pretty cool.

This was the best day ever, my heart is happy!

It's Primary eve!!! One more sleep!!!

 Van selfies are now tradition at this point. #wecute
 Almost there!!!
 The only wall we need in this country is Elizabeth Warren's wall of plans. My inner type A was singing.
One of my favorite plans 
At the entrance of the Portsmouth, NH office
 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
When you accidentally match. Who wore it better? That's a trick question, we both did. 

 Spotted out on our canvass :) 

Quick coffee break, these pics are so cute <3
 These two were my saving grace on this trip. Love them forever. 
 Literally anyone 2020?


 In front of a pretty church
 In front of a historical thing

 Seeing who can look the most uncomfortable in front of the Mike Pence event. The closest I wanted to get if we are being honest.
 Posing in front of the tugboats. Portsmouth is the cutest!

 
I never smile like that, lemme tell ya
When you meet one of your biggest inspirations in life, haha
 At this point Bailey and I are best friends. Even though it doesn't look like it. 
My favorite picture from the whole experience. It may or may not be my computer wallpaper. 
This is the closest we got to having lobster in Maine, I'll take it. Technically I have been to Maine. Yaaaas as Dr. JSM would say. 

P.S.: Real quick- Just want to shoutout Dr. McLauchlan for all her hard-work. When there is a problem she fixes it immediately and I have never seen anything like it. It is some Scandal-esque stuff. She truly is the real deal and we are very lucky to have someone like her at USFSP. Always taking care of her students and doing everything she can for us, she has a heart of gold!! She planned everything for this trip, down to every nitty-gritty detail and she is amazing. I'll never stop saying it! (She literally even got me my job at the law firm I work at!!!) She gave us the best day ever in Portsmouth, she made the whole trip. I don't call just anybody a queen, so thank you Dr. Queen. ❤️






No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Do We Go From Here?...

**(This is not apart of the required blog posts for class but I need to write my feelings out and also I want this on record.)** As we wer...