Sunday, February 9, 2020

Day 7: Snowflakes & I'm Not Talking About Liberals

We are now two days away from primary day in New Hampshire!!

This morning my professor had Senator Yarbro, a senator from Tennessee come speak to us. He is one of the few democrats that is in the Tennessee senate and for that we commend him. That truly has to be really rough. He talked about how it can be a challenge but at the end of the day they are all colleagues and respect each other.

After that we were taken to Concord to do a GOTV event for Elizabeth Warren. We were able to volunteer at the event and that entailed making sure all the people attending were checked in and receiving stickers to be granted entrance. It was a little disorganized but it's ok because we improvised, adapted, and overcame! That's what we do here! We did get to listen to Senator Warren speak again and she was just as enthralling for seeing her for a third time. This is what I mean! I have only been in NH for a little over a week and I have gotten to see the senator speak multiple times. They have unlimited access here unlike Florida where I have never been able to see a presidential candidate as easily. I'll never get over it!

The best part of the whole event was we got to meet EW's political surrogates who are the most amazing ladies!!! Congresswomen Deb Haaland (NM), Katie Porter (CA), & Ayanna Pressley (MA). They were incredible and so super sweet! Rep Haaland is the one of the first two Native American congresswomen. Rep Porter is a single mom and best known for her amazing work with consumer protection and women's rights. Also, heard she was an amazing professor and we love that! Ayanna Pressley is one of the four freshman congresswomen and she was one of the first black women appointed to Boston City Council. All three are exemplary examples of what a public servant should be and they inspire me so much!! My favorite was seeing Jocelyn (Ms. Hall) meet Ayanna, she cried (I did too, lol) and was so happy that it made me happy. She got to meet one of her heroes and it was really amazing to witness. Ayanna even followed some of us on Instagram later, a true queen.

After our fun-filled day we headed back to HQ to do a quick canvass. Voters are still undecided and I am not going to lie to you, it really stresses me out. We are only two days away people!! It SNOWED while we were out and I got to see real snowflakes for the first time! They were so pretty and angelic. Overall, had some great conversations with voters and really valued what they had to say.

To finish off the day Erica's super sweet parents, Andie & Greg, came from Mass to take us out to dinner for a much needed break. They even took us to Target and I was able to buy a real winter coat for a whole $20. We love savings. Target + Hibachi = <3

Overall, was a great day. Some pictures below from our day!

Had to snap a quick selfie while volunteering :)
Didn't know a selfie line was happening so I thought this was my only shot
I see a President with some of her cabinet members, hbu? 
My heart in this moment = full
Snowflakes in my hair, I was a little too excited with how perfect they were. 
Erica's darling parents ❤️
My job for the day
Pasco girls gotta stick together 
You know I had to get a Boomerang in the snow

RTWH gang with Senator Yarbro
All of RTWH Team Warren with the queens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Do We Go From Here?...

**(This is not apart of the required blog posts for class but I need to write my feelings out and also I want this on record.)** As we wer...